According to the "Guru" from the "Avatar: The Last Airbender", Chakras are links of metaphysical and/or biophysical energy residing in the human body. And For Aang to master the Avatar State, he must first be able to open up all his seven chakras. If the chakras in the body cant be opened or remained blocked, then the energy wont be allowed to flow freely.
There are seven chakras within the body, each with a purpose and each with a different blockage: An intense sensation results from the opening of them all. The process of opening the chakras cannot be halted once it has begun- it must be completed in order to succeed.
1. The first chakra is the Earth Chakra, located at the base of the spine. It deals with Survival, and is blocked by Fear.
Address the emotion concerned and deal with it by clearing your thoughts then let go. Fear is all in the mind. "What your mind can conceive, your body can achieve."?? haha.. nice one :D
2. The second chakra is the Water Chakra, which deals with Pleasure, and is blocked by Guilt.
You must accept things that happened either it's your own actions that screwed things up or not. Do not allow anyone to influence your judgment. In order to benefit the world, one must forgive his own actions.
3. The third chakra is the Fire Chakra, which is located in the stomach. The Fire Chakra deals with Willpower, while it is blocked by Shame.
In order to obtain Balance, one must accept all aspects of his life.
4. The Air Chakra is the fourth chakra. Located in the heart, this chakra deals with Love, and is blocked by Grief.
Love, according to Pathik (The Guru), is a form of energy, and flows around everything, and that any love that you think have gone is still just all around you and manifests itself inside of new love. You can release the chakra by accepting the fact that love would never fade and failures in love shouldnt take the best out of you but instead, strengthen and encourage you to love more.
5. The fifth Chakra is the Sound Chakra, and is located in the throat. It deals with Truth, and is blocked by the Lies people tell themselves.
Everyone must accept who they are; no matter how low-level you may think you are compared to others. Each has a gift and is unique in many ways. Be contented of what you have and make the best out of it instead of grieving to have more than you are planned for.
6. Located in the center of the forehead, the sixth chakra is the Light Chakra, which is responsible for Insight, and is blocked by Illusions.
The greatest Illusion, Pathik explains, is that of Separation: things that appear separate but are, in truth, one and the same. Thus, one must be able to understand the nature of things before giving judgment that one cant be achieved. Do not be decieved of the things you only perceive on the surface. Widen your insight and explore even the depths of the world and/or the wilderness.
7. The seventh and final Chakra, the Thought Chakra, located at the crown of the head, deals with Cosmic Energy, and is blocked by Earthly Attachment.
Pathik states that with the final Chakra's opening, Aang will be able to willfully enter and exit the Avatar State, as well as control his actions within it. Just like in the real world. One can have a control of himself once he is able to let go of any attachments that would hinder any success or responsiblity. hmmm.. Sacrificing? sounds really hard.. no wonder Aang wasnt able to accomplish this as it concerned letting go of his love in order to master the Avatar State.
These efforts might be easier said or thought of than done. However, I think they are worth the try. ;) ahuummm... hmmmm *meditation mode* lol :P