31 July, 2008

What Your Parents Teach You.. x_x


As I was looking for something on the net, basically, it's information about something that I intend for a post. But then, I came across this website that not only had given me ideas or the information that I need but also some "things" that caught my interests (well, I was kind of sleepy that time that's why I went for the catch...lol). The part of that website which I went over and found myself quite amused, was the "humor" section. I went through it and found jokes which I still havent read nor heard of so it was really fun.

I found something that really kept me smiling. I just couldnt think how in the world did the "composer" of that article was able to think of those things?!.. I mean, well, some things there might be obvious for us to realize but really, it's just so amazing how our mind could work. I took some parts of that article so that you may be able to see what I was referring to.

You can also go to the website to view the entire article or list and other sections too. (Jut click the "link"..hehehehe! x_x)

Here are some of the things that i want to share with you about that article.

*note: The article was referring to the things that his/her parents "taught" him/her ^_^

Excerpt of the article or lines that I really found so amusing:

1.My Mother & Father taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.

"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."


2.My mother & father taught me MORE LOGIC.

"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."


3.My mother & father taught me FORESIGHT.

"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."


4.My mother & father taught me IRONY

"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."


5.My mother & father taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.

"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."


6.My mother & father taught me about CONTORTIONISM.

"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"


07.My mother & father taught me about STAMINA.

"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."


08.My mother & father taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.

"We brought you into this world, and we can take you out."


09.My mother & father taught me about ENVY.

"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."


10.My mother & father taught me HUMOR.

"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."


11.My mother taught me WISDOM.

"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."


12. And my favorite:My mother taught me about JUSTICE.

"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"


Well, for me, what our parents teach us are really what's best for us..most of the time...hehe! They may tell us things that we dont like or we think we dont deserve...but no parents would want their children to be harmed because most of the casualties will be felt by themselves. And if ever your parents would tell you things you think or really see as inappropriate or not right, you can somehow tell them. I think they're open for the thought that they too could be wrong and sometimes they should listen to you.

Thats why open communication is an essential tool in the household. It will be okay not to have a microwave oven in your house or the slickest refrigerator or entertainment set. But not to have an open communication, trust, respect, love and understanding for each other may mean destruction not only of the "house" but more importantly, your whole "home". Cherish everything that you have right now and heed what your parents teach you. I think you are mature enough to take things into consideration. ^_^



No comments: