15 November, 2008

"Words Are Not Enough"

Anime. One of the reasons why I love watching anime or reading manga is that you can definitely learn some valuable things. One of which are the values, lessons and other means of depicting the most indispensable traits. Those that we should live on with our lives. Things that need to be taken seriously and not merely be taken for granted. Funny that some bloody or even "brutal" anime (where adults who are not fond of watching anime would only consider them as a form of media encouraging violence and the like) would tend to somehow inculcate to the viewers some values and lessons that are sometimes ignored in reality. I dont know why but I find anime more convincing and realistic when it comes to teaching us some lessons compared to those "over-maka-nosebleed" tv/movie dramas. Although some are exceptions, still, the values and/or the lessons that anime tend to imply to the viewers are pretty much not that hard to remember that they can even inspire those who dont really care about life at all.

Anyway, enough of that. What I'm just trying to drive at here are some of the quotes popularized or taken from anime which I liked the most. And due to some unknown reason...haha..or maybe just for the sake of this post, I asked some of my anime fanatic office friends the quotes/taglines that they liked or cant get rid off their minds coming from the anime shows that they have watched and of course, loved/liked. Here it goes:


>>> Detective Conan "Ran, If you only knew that the one you love is just right in front of you." - Reymund

>>> One Piece "Never lose your "nakama(friend/companion) or you will lose yourself." - Ricky

And then I made up my own or maybe a kind of an adaptation to some quote (The best or the greatest "nakama" that you could have and should treasure is... yourself.) ;)

>>>Samurai X "The strong shall live and the weak shall perish." - Xtian

"I will change the world in my own little ways." - Leo (He said he liked those coming from anime and samurai x but gave this quote which he couldnt remember where it originated.. It sounds familiar to me too but I also cant recall where or what anime is it from... mind telling me?..haahaa)

I also intend to ask some of my other anime fanatic friends but I just cant wait to post this now..haha...maybe I'll just have to update this If they may be able to give me their fave anime quotes later.

For me, lines from Naruto, Samurai X or Rourouni Kenshin, Bleach, Gensomadden Saiyuki and the like or so many others are just so heart-warming, inspiring and realistic that I could actually relate to most of them. By this means, I sometimes find courage and strength from the lines they've given or from the lessons that they were trying to bring up. Here are some of my faves:

Samurai X
>Kenshin Himura
"A swordsman must be honest about his foes' skills and his own."

"If a man kills too many, too long, he loses his original purpose and has his heart stolen by the color and smell of blood."

>Shinomori Aoshi
"To defeat you (Kenshin), and to become the one true hitokiri, I will change into anything.

>Sagara Sanosuke
"A true fight isn't like a sword duel. The better swordsman doesn't always win. The winner is the one who remains standing!

>Saito Hajime
"The essence of combat is to strike at the vulnerabilities of one's opponent. There is no "fair" or "unfair"."

"A fool who relies so much on his own toughness that he learns nothing of defense, also has nothing to rely on."

>Yukishiro Tomoe
"This man stole my happiness, and gave me another in its place. He will kill more people before he's done. But...in the end, he will protect far more than he's killed. I can't let him die here. Goodbye...the second man I have loved..."


Bleach
"We stand in awe of that which cannot be seen, and we respect with every fiber that which cannot be explained." (We fear that which we cannot see.)

"Unless I grip the sword, I cannot protect you. While gripping the sword,I cannot embrace you."

"Yes, there is no Fate for us. Only those who are swallowed by Ignorance and fear and miss a step Fall into the rapid river called Fate."

"We should not shed tears. That is a surrender of the body to the heart. It is only proof. That we are beings that do not know What to do with our hearts."

"Pride is Like a blade."

"Everything in this world exists to wear you down."

"One who paints the beauty in love, is one who pretends to know her form. One who paints the ugliness in love, is one who once arrogantly knew her form."

>Gin Ichimaru
"It's easier to crush a dream than realize one, forming a bond is infinitely more difficult than breaking one."

>Ichigo Kurosaki
"I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes.

"I'm not Superman. So I can't say anything big like I'll protect everyone on Earth. I'm not a modest guy who will say it's enough if I can protect as many people as my two hands can handle either. I want to protect... a mountain-load of people."

"You? kill me? I decline."

"Tell me, does a person become your friend, just because you introduce yourself to him? No."

>Orihime Inoue
"If I were the rain, that binds together the earth and the sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind two hearts together?"

>Rukia Kuchiki
"[about Kaien] No. No, I didn't do anything to deserve thanks. I ran away... because I was afraid to fight you. I came back... because I couldn't face my cowardice in the future. I stabbed you... because I couldn't bear to see you in pain. The only one I had saved... was my... ugly self."

"In battles, the ones who get in the way are not the ones that have no power. They are the ones that have no resolve for battle."

"I know what it means to be alone. The loneliness of being a prisoner, the happiness of being saved by my nakama, and my horror at all the pain they went through in order to save me."

"They say the mouth is the root of all misfortune."

>Sosuke Aizen
"I had no intention of deceiving anyone. It's just that none of you understood...my true self."

"Don't use such strong words--It makes you look weak."

>Toshiro Hitsugaya
"We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine, and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let's not disappear like a firework, and continue to shine... forever."

others:

"It doesn't matter what people say you should be, What's important is how you want to be."
"He who doesn't fear his own sword...is not worthy to hold it."
"Just seeing them doesn't make me believe in them...."

Naruto
>Gaara
"People cannot win against their loneliness. Loneliness is this world's worst kind of pain."

"You have someone in your life whom you honor and revere so much that every hurt on them is inflicted on you as well. And the closer they are to you, the greater the pain."

"Uchiha. I don't have friends as you have. But they're not what makes you strong. It's your purpose that does it. In that way we're alike. But mine is the stronger purpose for only by destroying you and all that you represent that I can prove that I exist. Only by killing you that I know what life is."

"In order to escape a path of loneliness, I have no choice but to work hard and make my own path. If I do that, then someday... Someday... I can be like Uzumaki Naruto."

"I want to work hard so that others will accept my existence. Someday, I want my existence to be necessary to others."

>Haku
"When you protect the ones important to you, your true strength will show."

"Often people have it wrong, mistakenly believing... that showing mercy to an enemy is kindness. They spare the foe whose life is in their hands... But don't you see? It's an empty existence... to go on living... alone and unloved... when defeat's already cost you your dream!"

>Choji Akimichi
"Chubbies rule!" (wahahaahaha :P)

>Hinata Hyuuga
"When I look at you, I get an intense feeling in my heart... Because you're not perfect... Because you fail... you have the strength to get back up... Because I believe that's where true strength is... I...I think you are an incredibly strong person, Naruto-kun."

>Itachi Uchiha
"Even the strongest of opponents always has a weakness."

"This is what happens when you are skilled. Power causes you to become isolated and arrogant."

"People hate and fear what they don't understand. Pathetic."

"Every human being relies on and is bounded by his knowledge and experience to live. This is what we call "reality". However, knowledge and experience are ambiguous, thus reality can become illusion. Is it not possible to think that, all human beings are living in their assumptions?"

>Jiraiya
"The most important ninja talent... is not the number of techniques one acquires. The most important thing... is a spirit that never gives up!"

"You don't understand a woman's heart at all..."

>Kakashi Hatake
"A ninja must see underneath the underneath."

'Hey guys, sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life."

>Gai Maito
"All your hard work will prove worthless... unless you believe in yourself!"

>Naruto Uzumaki
"I never give up... I never go back on my word...that's my way of being a ninja!"
(who could forget about this, huh?!!..hahaha)

"Bring it on, you jerk! Anything you throw at me I'll give it back a thousand fold!"

"Until I reach my dream, I refuse to die."

"Nothing's wrong with crying when you're happy."

>Neji Hyuuga
"Naruto, sometimes, your eyes are even better than mine."

"You are the strongest enemy I've ever met... but I have a reason why I cannot lose. The strongest opponent I ever met said this to me: "Unlike me, you're not a loser." I have always been called a genius; and I cannot lose, for the sake of those who believe I am a genius!"

>Orochimaru
"There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. "

"All things with a form will eventually perish."

"The body ages, but the mind is immortal."

"There is a limit to stupidity!"

"Darkness... When everything that you know and love... is taken from you so harshly... all you can think about is anger, hatred, and even revenge... and no one can save you."

>Sasuke Uchiha
"No matter what darkness lies ahead, I will pursue that path. No matter what, I will obtain power!"

"There's no question that you were special... Unfortunately, you're not quite as special as I am."

"My dreams are not of the future. My dreams are of the past."

"If anyone wants to deny my way of living, I'll kill everyone they ever cared about! Maybe then they'll understand... A little of my hatred."

"Revenge means everything to me. As long as I have my revenge, I couldn't care less what happens to me or the whole world for that matter."

>Shino Aburame
"Even if our enemy is a small bug, we will not underestimate it."

>Tsunade
"You said that everything eventually decays and fades away...but these feelings...will never cease to exist."

"There are times when death is hard to accept. But if you don't get over it, there's no future."

>Sai
"You're... pretty weak for a guy. Do you even have a penis?" (lol)

"A smile is the best way to get oneself out of a tight spot, even if it is a fake one. Surprisingly enough, everyone takes it at face value. I read that in a book."

"[thinking] If I use females' true characteristics, they get scary. So I should do the opposite instead.
[to Ino]
Nice to meet you ... um, Ms. Beautiful.
[talking to Sakura] I like ugly girls like you." (I just loved this episode...lol)

Gensomaden Saiyuki
>Sanzo
"If you're gonna talk about people behind their back, do it where they cant hear you."

"Even if I dont believe in God, I can believe in myself."

"With all due respect, all that I have believe in this world..is myself. Ever since the time I lost what was irreplaceable, that has never changed."

"If you want to become that close to the gods, then just drop dead."

"Nobody's forcing you along this journey. You should go where you want to."


Oh my... so much for that now... Got loads of them and I just cant bring them up all at once..haha..Anyway, what's yours? Any suggestion or something to share about these cool taglines would be highly appreciated..hehe *winks* :D

2 comments:

Clare Marshall said...

yeah right..hehe.. kudos to brother Itachi!..haha :D

RoNald said...

this is senseiness!I like it.

Naruto:

Ramen! Itadakamasu!

"we have to thank for the food before every meal." nyahehe

wala kasi ako maisip.