03 January, 2009

Mending A Broken Promise

yeah.. promises are made to be broken though they should be done as said.. haaaayz... just so easy to promise something in a spur-of-the-moment especially if you're caught off-guarded... but one way or another.. we really should stick to our words... should we fail to do so, I think the best thing to do is make up next time.. if it's not yet too late.. heehehe... and that's what I'm trying to do now...

Well, when I started blogging, I promised myself (forgot to whom I also made this promise.. hopefully, I didnt promised this to Jesus.. oh my..tsk3!) that I would share something of an essence, And for me, there is nothing quite of an essence as sharing thoughts from the Bible, things about Jesus and stuffs like those. I am not really a devoted christian.. Due to my work.. and sometimes - laziness ( geez, temptation.. haha), I cant make it a point to go to church regularly. I dont even have a permanent religion..

Well, it's because I dont believe such thing could save you.. Nowadays, most people go to the church just for the sake of going to the church. Some of them dont even know why they were there. Some were just grabbed by their friends or lovers (and there they were showing their affection to each other when they already had a week for those moments thus that time should be the moment to pay God some respect and special affection.. geeez.. ). And such sights are rampant to catholic churches... that's why, even though I was baptized as a Roman Catholic.. I dont go to their church... Ask me some songs sang in a catholic mass and I'll just smile at you with a blank mind.. hahaaha.. :P Oh, but I absolutely know the "Our Father".. ;)

My mother is an adventist so whenever I have time and energy every Saturday, I would tag along for their church service. For me, the church services that the adventist and baptist have are the ones worth the time for worship and praise. Well, I'm not really promoting the religion, it's still up to you. What I'm just trying to say is that, with such religions, you can actually learn something after you have attended the service. Lessons that would make you flip through the pages of your bible or even dare talking to some friends... Well, I believe, it really depends on the believer.. some devoted catholics would also see to it that they can gain something spiritual after the mass... but It's also pertty obvious that more and more people are taking for granted their spiritual being even those who seem to regularly go to church.. Most of them do so but dont even know how to pray or dont even bother praying... Am I right or am I just left?.. hahaah :P

Now, what I'm trying to drive at is... as much as possible.. as much as I can... I'll post something related to Bible stuffs and the like... got so much in mind as I have lots of resources but I seem not to have enough time and energy.. hahaha... God Help me.. ;)

2 comments:

RoNald said...

Yes I agree with you pril. Sunday masses has become a lover's den. BUt somehow not all the celebrants have similar intentions. I still believe/observe some people solemnly pray and heartily listen to homily.


Lol. I realize that I am not one of those who listen to homilies. Since I commented my mass observations, I am doing something other than listening.#-o

Clare Marshall said...

of course there are other people who are still devoted to that religion.. that's why I said "some".. bleeeh... wala ako sinabi na all noh.. hahaha

maybe you were one of those "lovers"? or you were sleeping... thinking of *aheem*, sighting for chikababes.. wahahaha.. or texting.. haha.. joke lng.. pero malay ko ba.. wahahaha...